If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lovely spring side salad, taken from Sara Forte's new cookbook, Bowl + Spoon. —Angela Brown
Serves about 8 as a side dish
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (both the green and white sections)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- zest and juice from 1 medium lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- crumbled feta
- Cook the quinoa according to the package's directions. Once it is cooked, add the garlic, give it a fluff with a fork and set it aside to cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, add the scallions, strawberries, cucumbers, mint, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Add the cooled quinoa and gently mix all ingredients to combine. If you like, sprinkle each serving with crumbled feta before serving.