If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bibimpap - a great way to use up leftover chicken and vegetables! —mtlabor
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 2 eggs, done any way you like
- 1 cup roughly chopped/shredded chicken (I used leftovers from the Sweet Chili Chicken Wings recipe)
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced, and blanched
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced
- 20 or so Brussels spouts, quartered and blanched
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame dressing
- This is pretty much a prep and put together kind of meal. I heated up a teaspoon of olive oil and lightly sauteed the shredded chicken. Since it was already seasoned from the previous day's wing recipe, it took on this smoky flavor after cooking it in the pan. It was quite delicious.
- After blanching the vegetables, I separately sauteed each in the same pan for about 1-2 minutes each, just to kind of get a semi-browning on them.
- This is supposed to go in a large bowl, but I thought it would look better on a large plate, so just place each vegetable, chicken, and rice, along the edge of the plate, kind of in a circular fashion (you can see why I was supposed to use a bowl) and place the fried egg in the middle. Top the rice with a little bit of Asian sesame dressing and dig in!