If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Lamb Chops With Fresh Basil Lamb Sauce is an amazing dish that you can easily make right at home. All fresh ingredients and gives the sauce and lamb a very enjoyable taste to it. —Dinner With tayo
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil, coarsely chopped (based on serving)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 2 lamb chops (about 2 1/2 pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Fresh Basil Sauce: In a blender, combine the basil and olive oil and puree to a smooth sauce.
- Add the lime juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Pulse to incorporate thoroughly. Transfer the sauce to a small serving bowl, cover, and set aside.
- For Lamb Chops: Preheat the grill or the broiler.
- Rub the meat with the cut sides of the garlic. Lightly salt and pepper the chops, then rub them with the olive oil. Coat the chops with the rosemary.
- Grill or broil the chops for about 7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let the meat sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.