If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Shrimp & Chicken Coconut Stew is best served with Rice. The dish has flavor to it with a tropical element to it. —Dinner With tayo
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- Diced red peppers
- Diced green peppers
- 1/2 diced sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable cooking stock
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- Chopped chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Boil rice until tender, add 1 teaspoon of salt in the rice while boiling. (Follow instruction on the box or rice you purchase).
- In a skillet, add 2 tablespoon of sesame oil heat over medium high heat. Add peppers, onions, chicken, shrimp and salt. Cover the skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes. Gentle stir the mix until Chicken and Shrimp are done.
- Place the chicken and Shrimp mix into a bowl on the side. Add Tomato paste into the skillet and add 1 tablespoon of salt (2 if needed) for taste.
- Add Coconut water and cooking stock, stir together, and allow to cook for 15 minutes before adding the chicken, shrimp, peppers and onions back into the mix.
- Gentle add in Chicken and shrimp mix, add in peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
- After your sauce is ready, serve immediately with brown rice. Make sure you tag #DinnerWithTayo, would love to see your dish.