If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: French bread gives this bread pudding a light and airy crumb. Lavender turns this dessert into a delight fit for an afternoon spent romping through the endless fields of Provence. Finally, buttermilk and honey bring a fullness of flavor, combining creamy, tart, and a demure sweetness. —Janelle, TheOtium
tablespoons butter, melted
teaspoons culinary lavender buds, crushed
slices of day-old French bread
- Combine melted butter with lavender, and let steep for 30-60 minutes.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, milk, honey, sugar, and butter-lavender mixture. Stir to combine, then pour over cubed bread. Toss to coat bread in mixture. Set aside to let flavors come together for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and butter a baking dish.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, then bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.