If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crunchy, clumpy granola made with local honey, plenty of nuts and seeds and a dash of spice that tastes great and is good for you! —Sara
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cups sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped, un-salted, un-rosted almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons healthy oil of your choice (we like un-roasted sesame oil but olive oil works too)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Oil a 9x13 inch baking sheet.
- Mix oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and extras-except dried fruit-in a bowl.
- Bring honey, oil, water, and vanilla to a simmer in a saucepan on low heat. Stop just when everything is combined. Do not let boil.
- Drizzle liquid over oat mixture. Stir.
- Pour onto baking sheet. Use a spatula and lightly compress granola. This helps form better chunks.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before stirring or you will lose the clumps.