Author Notes: A crunchy, clumpy granola made with local honey, plenty of nuts and seeds and a dash of spice that tastes great and is good for you! —Sara
cups old-fashioned rolled oats
cup wheat germ
cups sesame seeds
cup chopped, un-salted, un-rosted almonds
tablespoons healthy oil of your choice (we like un-roasted sesame oil but olive oil works too)
cup maple syrup
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Oil a 9x13 inch baking sheet.
- Mix oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and extras-except dried fruit-in a bowl.
- Bring honey, oil, water, and vanilla to a simmer in a saucepan on low heat. Stop just when everything is combined. Do not let boil.
- Drizzle liquid over oat mixture. Stir.
- Pour onto baking sheet. Use a spatula and lightly compress granola. This helps form better chunks.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before stirring or you will lose the clumps.