If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No fresh mozzarella in our fridge? Try this easy and delicious version, and don't forget the French bread... —Nicole Miller
Serves 2 - 4
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 cup shredded Mozarella
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced into very thin ribbons
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and lay tomatoes in rows. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange mozzarella in a pile on top of each tomato round.
- Set your oven to broil. Cook tomatoes and mozzarella until the mozzarella bubbles and browns lightly.
- Transfer tomatoes to a plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic and more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with basil.