If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is such a great weeknight dinner recipe that doesn't require much from the effort department. You can whip up the saffron rice beforehand and quickly reheat it when ready to serve. The saffron rice goes so well together with the fresh guacamole! Salmon works perfectly with the two flavour combinations but it could also be substituted for chicken or your favourite seafood! Enjoy :) —What To Cook
For the Guacamole:
- 1 red onion, diced
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 1 green chilli, choped
- 2 limes, juice & zest
- 2 ripe hass avocados, chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves
Salmon with Saffron Rice & Guacamole
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 bird's eye chilli, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 4 Salmon fillets, at room temperature
- Olive oil, for rubbing the salmon
- Sea salt, for seasoning the salmon
- 1 bunch lemon sorrel
- Olive oil, for the sorrel
- Lemon juice, for the sorrel
- Start by preparing the guacamole; place the onion, salt & pepper and chill in a bowl and lightly mix together then add the lime juice & zest, avocado, tomato & coriander. Combine to your preferred consistency and set aside until ready to serve.
- Cook the jasmine rice according to the packet instructions then combine the cooked rice with the saffron, chilli, cilantro & mint. Keep warm & set aside.
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil & season with sea salt. Heat a large fry pan over high heat and cook the fish skin side down for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked through to your liking.
- Drizzle lemon sorrel (or any leafy green of your liking) with olive oil & lemon juice. Serve with the spicy saffron rice, salmon & guacamole.