If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you only have time for a quickie, this quick and healthy dessert is the perfect choice! But the other one is fun too ;)
I had such a sweet tooth yesterday; I could’ve killed for a piece of candy. Trying to eat healthier resulted to no sweets in the house and I was literally searching for loose candy in all corners of my pantry.
The alternative was to grab some fruit, but another banana would have so not hit the spot. Baking was out of question too. I wanted something sweet and I wanted it NOW. Besides, I had no time for that.
Then it hit me! My best friend Lilly’s quick and healthy dessert! I had just enough time for this quickie! I know, at the end, I ended up eating that banana, but in a much “funner” way. My sweet tooth was satisfied AND it was a healthy choice.
—All that's Jas
- 4 bananas (ripe but not overripe)
- 32 ounces Vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey (optional)
- 2 cups chopped fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries...
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add lemon juice and sugar or honey. Ripe bananas are naturally sweeter, so you can omit sweeteners altogether. I wouldn’t use overripe bananas for this dessert because their dark color is not appetizing. Mix in yogurt.
- Cover the bottom of 4 serving dishes with ½ cup chopped fruit. Pour two cups of banana yogurt mixture over the fruit. Top each with another ½ cup chopped fruit. Serve topped with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts