If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Probably most loved Romanian fast food ( street food ) —Cami
- 16 ounces ( 450 gr ) pork, ground meat
- 16 ounces ( 450 gr ) beef, minced
- 16 ounces ( 450 gr ) lamb, minced
- 500 milliliters broth or stock, mineral water or blonde beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground turkey cumin - optional
- 1 pinch ground star anise- optional
- 10-12 pieces garlic cloves (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Grind the meat very well all through a meat grinder (if is not already ground)
- 2. Mix ( with hands ) the meat with salt and baking soda, occasionally adding a bit from broth (water / beer)
- 3. Add the remaining spices, garlic diluted in lemon juice and mix well ( at least 15 min)
- 4. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 6 hours, preferably until the next day
- 5. Remove the meat from the fridge, with wet hands form mititei in 7- 8cm / 3 inches long and 2-3 cm / 1 inch thick. ( tubular shape)
- 6. Put them on preheat hot grill at medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, 4 sides
- It usually served hot with classic mustard, buns (sweet bread) and cold beer. Will be very good if you will use only pork but not fat and beef broth or beer in recipe.