If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These crisp cookies are perfect with a cup of jasmine tea. —kikukat
Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/3 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- red food coloring
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat egg. Add almond extract. Add to shortening and sugar. Add combined dry ingredients.
- Roll/scoop into 1" balls (may also use a #50 disher) and place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Make indentation in center. Touch indentation with red food coloring.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (15 minutes for Airbake sheets).
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
More Great Recipes: Cookies