Author Notes: These crisp cookies are perfect with a cup of jasmine tea. —kikukat
Makes: 4 1/2 dozen
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon almond extract
red food coloring
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat egg. Add almond extract. Add to shortening and sugar. Add combined dry ingredients.
- Roll/scoop into 1" balls (may also use a #50 disher) and place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Make indentation in center. Touch indentation with red food coloring.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (15 minutes for Airbake sheets).
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
More Great Recipes: