If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a popular Chinese restaurant dish. The addition of pineapple gives it an island touch. —kikukat
- 2 pounds spareribs, "chinese" cut
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Combine soy sauce , sugar, vinegar and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat spareribs and 1 c water. Boil then simmer for 20 minutes (longer if chunks are large). Drain spareribs.
- In a clean pan, heat oil. Add garlic and spareribs. Fry for a few minutes. Add soy sauce mixture. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and a little water. Add to spareribs and stir until sauce thickens. Garnish with pineapple chunks.