If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These appetizers are perfect for outdoor dining whether you are at the beach, at a picnic, on a boat or in your backyard. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup baby romaine lettuce, very thinly sliced
- 6 croutons for garnish (optional)
- Put first seven ingredients into a large bowl and set aside. Whisk together the next seven ingredients. Slowly add olive oil and continue to whisk until the olive oil is combined with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour dressing over the shrimp and vegetables and toss. Set aside.
- Put a bit of the sliced romaine lettuce in the bottom of each of six 8-ounce mason jars. Top each jar with the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore