Author Notes: Perfect for winter day at the beach, beachcombing and watching the kids/dogs play in the surf and sand. Just enough sweetness to finish off a picnic or BBQ and satisfy cravings for "just a bit" or even for the ride home. It is baked in a pan or pyrex dish for easy transporting in a basket. Or, just sit by the home fire and indulge a little! —dymnyno
cup soft butter
cup dark brown sugar
cup AP flour
cup chopped walnuts
ounces cream cheese
cup granulated white sugar
teaspoon vanilla paste
- With a fork cream butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour and walnuts. Divide the mixture in half and put half in the bottom of a 6 1/2 X 8 1/2 inch pan or pyrex ,dish pressing the mixture down a bit.
- Bake about 15 minutes until slightly set.
- With a fork blend cream cheese, white sugar, milk and vanilla paste until smooth. Spread the mixture over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved half of the brown sugar,butter and walnut mixture over the cream cheese mixture and press down a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, refrigerate until ready to travel. When ready to serve, cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore