If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for winter day at the beach, beachcombing and watching the kids/dogs play in the surf and sand. Just enough sweetness to finish off a picnic or BBQ and satisfy cravings for "just a bit" or even for the ride home. It is baked in a pan or pyrex dish for easy transporting in a basket. Or, just sit by the home fire and indulge a little! —dymnyno
cup soft butter
cup dark brown sugar
cup AP flour
cup chopped walnuts
ounces cream cheese
cup granulated white sugar
teaspoon vanilla paste
- With a fork cream butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour and walnuts. Divide the mixture in half and put half in the bottom of a 6 1/2 X 8 1/2 inch pan or pyrex ,dish pressing the mixture down a bit.
- Bake about 15 minutes until slightly set.
- With a fork blend cream cheese, white sugar, milk and vanilla paste until smooth. Spread the mixture over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved half of the brown sugar,butter and walnut mixture over the cream cheese mixture and press down a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, refrigerate until ready to travel. When ready to serve, cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore