If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 6- depend on the size of the peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced and sauteed
- 2 tablespoons oil for onion
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Wash peppers, cut the tops and remove all the seeds and membranes.
- Place ground beef, rice, sauteed onion, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and black pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Stuff each pepper and keep on the side. ( Do not over stuff, rice will need some space to expand )
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in deep large sauce pan , add 4 tbsp flour and stir, let lightly brown. Add paprika and stir for about 15-20 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and water ( 4-5 cups ), stir and bring to boil. ( It will look like tomato soup ) Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the peppers standing up, the sauce should be half way up the peppers, add water until it reaches three quarters of the peppers if needed. Bring to boil.
- Turn the temperature down and simmer for about 50-60 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal