If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe evolved from my Alabama - Style Chicken Kebabs over the last year. At first I substituted maple syrup for the sugar for chicken kebabs - Delicious! And now I've tweaked the sauce just a bit and put salmon on the grill. So grab your hibachi or portable grill and head down to the beach with your cooler filled salmon and sauce or just chill out in the backyard! —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 kebabs
cups homemade or good quality mayo
cup apple cider vinegar
cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
clove garlic grated on a microplane or put through a garlic press
2 or 3
tablespoons Sambal Oelek ( or more if you like)
teaspoon black pepper
pounds firm fleshed boneless, skinless salmon filets cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
Salt and pepper for seasoning the salmon
Olive oil for the salmon and and the grill
Wooden skewers soaked in water or metal skewers
Optional perforated grill pan
- Whisk together the mayo, syrup, vinegar, garlic, sambal oelek, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce for dipping and the rest for basting the kebabs. Refrigerate both until ready to grill
- If you're not using a grill pan, double skewer the salmon cubes (makes for easier flipping). If using a grill pan a single skewering will do, however the double skewering is more effective and makes for easier turning. (I learned from experience)
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the kebabs and then drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Prep your grill or grill pan by oiling the grates or the pan itself with a little oil rubbed on a paper towel
- Heat your grill to medium and if using a grill pan, place it over the grates. Grill the kebabs, basting with the sauce frequently. Serve with the reserved sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: We had leftovers and so I mashed the salmon with the leftover sauce and a little extra mayo for a wonderful salmon spread on crackers. Give it a try!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore