If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, tasty, and visually vibrant; this salad was a staple at spring and summertime picnics and barbeques in my house growing up. A Southwestern ethos guarantees freshness, flavor and spice, while the acidic dressing lends an almost pickling quality to the dish that allows the salad to last up to a week—and taste just as fresh as if you'd made it that day. —KvellintheKitchen
Serves 4-6 sides
For the salad
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cup chopped or shredded carrot (optional)
- 1/4 cup cup green olives (optional)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons salt
- juice of one lime
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Pour over large bowl and mix thoroughly.