If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A luscious blender recipe with a bright accent.
(dairy free) —bt
- 2 cups steamed fresh corn ( or good quality frozen )
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chicken stock (vegetable)
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh tomato
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- honey or sugar
- saute chopped onion in olive oil until translucent
- add steamed corn, coconut milk, chicken stock and red pepper flakes
- bring to a gentle simmer, remove from heat, and adjust seasonings
- cool, puree, and chill or...... serve warm
- assemble the salsa garnish: chop tomato, cucumber & cilantro, add fresh lime juice and a light touch of honey or sugar, chill.
- divide the soup into four chilled glasses or cups if serving cold, either way, ,top with a garnish of bright salsa
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore