If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're looking for the perfect big bite, you've found it with each forkful of this lemony Israeli couscous salad. A super-easy recipe, this satisfying salad combines tender Israeli couscous (aka pearl couscous) with roasted red peppers, arugula, mozzarella and basil. —bitememore
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups Israeli (aka pearl) couscous
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- lemon slices, for garnish
- 1) For the dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper set aside.
- 2) For the salad, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add couscous and lemon zest, cooking 3 minutes, until toasted and lightly browned, stirring often. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, until couscous is tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl, allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in peppers, arugula, mozzarella and basil. Toss well and garnish with lemon slices.