If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using a classic cookie, these easy-to-make Oreo Truffles are bound to become a classic in your candy repertoire!
Serves 16 truffles approx.
- 36 Oreo Cookies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- oreo crumbs, for garnish
- 1) Crush the Oreos in a food processor. Place crumbs in mixer with cream cheese and salt, mixing on low speed until combined.
- 2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll cookie mixture into 1-inch round balls. Place on baking sheet and place in freezer for 25 minutes to set. Remove from freezer and roll truffles in your palms until smooth and round, and return to freezer for 5 more minutes.
- 3)Place white chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring between each time until fully melted.
- 4) Using a fork or skewer, dip truffles in melted chocolate. Place back on parchment baking sheet and sprinkle with Oreo Crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to eat.