If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A seasonal version of the Great Indonesian Salad —Sophie - Wholehearted Eats
- 2 New Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Persian Cucumber, Sliced
- 1 cup Shredded Savoy Cabbage
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatos, sliced in half
- 1 handful Green Beans
- 1 handful Cilantro, chopped (stems reserved)
- Begin by bringing a pot of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and continue at a rolling boil until they are easily priced by a fork.
- Meanwhile, as the potatoes boil, heat a frying pan to medium and sauté the cabbage just until soft (you may need to add a splash of water). Set aside and continue to cook the tempeh in the same frying pan.
- Arrange the cabbage, bean sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, and tempeh in a bowl. Once the potatoes are cooked, chop and add them as well.
- Finally, add the green beans to the potato water and blanch for a mere minute. Add them to the salad.
- Serve with the Coco-nut-butter Sauce, cilantro, and lime.
Coco-Nut-Butter Sauce and Indonesain Tempeh
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Tamari
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 1/2 pinch Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Cilantro Stems
- 1 Small Garlic Clove
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Corriander
- 8 oz Tempeh, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil, for frying
- To make the sauce, combine the first nine ingredients in a blender and blitz until they come together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- For the tempeh, combine the 2 Tbsp. tamari, 1 Tbsp.honey, garlic, 1 tsp oil, vinegar, and spices in a dish. Add the cubes tempeh and let sit to marinade for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Set a frying pan to medium heat and once hot, add the other tsp. oil and tempeh. Toss for about 5 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Gently heat the sauce over medium heat just before serving.