If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by No Bake Greek Yogurt and Blood Orange Cheesecake at Wholesome Cook —anka
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- In a mixer bowl add eggs and sugar, beat for2-3 minutes add oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, mix.
- On the and add shredded carrot.
- Put into the 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
- After the cake is baked and rested for 15 minutes, turn over on cooling rack and cool completely.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (2 pouches)
- 6 cups Balkan-style yogurt, strained ( 3 cups solid after straining )
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Use a large square of cheesecloth. Place over strainer or colander Put yogurt into strainer with cheesecloth and tide. Put everything over a large bowl in refrigerator overnight.
- Mix hot water with gelatin powder. Set aside to cool.
- Place yoghurt, maple syrup and jam in a mixer bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Add gelatin and beat on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the filling on to the carrot part of the cake that you putted back in the cake pan after is cooled . Leave in the fridge for 4-5 hour or overnight to set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe