If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
for the filling and the fluid bechamel sauce
- 1 small eggplant chopped into small cubes
- 1 small/medium potato chopped into small cubes
- 1/3 pound or about 170 gr white mushrooms chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1-2 clove-s garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 15 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 2/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup (about 7 oz or 200 ml) heavy cream or 1 cup fluid bechamel, as substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
for the dough
- 1/2 cup slightly melted margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 3 - 3 & 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a big bowl combine 2 cups flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. Add melted margarine, vegetable oil, warm milk, vinegar, and mix the ingredients.
- Add the rest flour little by little and knead gently. We finally should have a not very firm dough. Cover the bowl and let the dough stay in the refrigerator for 30’.
- Rinse eggplants, peel potatoes and chop into small cubes. Clean mushrooms and chop into small pieces.
- Bring a saucepan over high heat, pour the olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté for about 3’. Add potatoes, mushrooms and eggplants, reduce the heat to medium and sauté for about 3’ stirring constantly. Add balsamic and 1/3 cup water, reduce the heat to low, add salt, pepper and nutmeg, cook for 15’.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 350° F or 180° C.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour ½ tablespoon vegetable oil and ½ tablespoon butter . Add 2 teaspoons flour and using a fork stir very well. Add the milk, stir and press to avoid crumbles.
- Cook until starts to thicken. If bechamel becomes too thick add some more milk.
- Slightly beat the eggs. Pour, bechamel and eggs into vegetables and stir to unite. Add feta cheese and stir.
- Οil a 9 inch or 22 cm round bake pan place the dough and shape it pressing with your fingers to cover bottom and sides. Pour the mixture into the dough. Lay the cherry tomatoes halves on the top and sprinkle on a pinch salt and some oregano. Bake for about 50’.
- If you see the top starts to burn, before quiche is ready, cover it with an aluminum foil. Let quiche cool for a while before serve it.
- PS. This dough is not an actual quiche dough but, I personally like its texture and easiness.