If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the comfort of a warm loaf of banana bread, whipped up in in these healthy pancakes and in under ten minutes. —Sophie - Wholehearted Eats
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 pint Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Vanilla or Cinnamon
- In a food processor grind the oats into a finely ground flour. Once they are ground, set them aside and grind the hazelnuts into a flour. Add the oat flour back into the food processor along with the salt, banana, flax, milk, hazelnuts, and the optional flavour (cinnamon, vanilla, etc). Puree the mixture until fully incorporated.
- Set a pan onto medium heat to warm up. Once the pan is warm, add a tsp.of coconut oil, or oil of choice, to coat the bottom. Spoon pancakes into pan (about 2 Tbsp. of batter per pancake) and cook until bubbles form on the top, flip and cook the other side until brown. Because these pancakes are made with oats, they will take a bit longer to cook then ones made with flour, so sit down, brew something warm, pull out a crossword, and relax. It is the weekend after all.