If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Juicy and aromatic nectarines,with the warmth of cinnamon and the bright kick of the ginger,all packed in a buttery,flaky biscuit dough. This hybrid is a result of a greedy food lover,who can't make up her mind whether to make just biscuits with macerated nectarines or fruit tart,and loves flavor combinations that are fresh and unusual! —RitaAnastasiou
Makes 2 6-inches galettes
For the filling
- 4 nectarines,ripe
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger,shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter,room temperature
- Wash,peel and cut the nectarines into 1 inch cube. In a medium bowl add all the ingredients except coconut and butter. Mix very well and set aside.
For the biscuit dough
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour or cornstarch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup banana,mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold butter,cut into cubes
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg,beaten
- Preheat the oven at 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a food processor,mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cover counter with additional gluten free flour to make rolling easier.
- Add in cold butter and mix together until crumbly and pea sized.
- Add in egg,smashed banana and milk. Mix until a cohesive dough forms(will be slightly sticky)
- Cover counter with additional gluten free flour (or just cornstarch)to make rolling easier.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thick.Fold dough into thirds lengthwise.
- Fold dough into thirds crosswise.Roll out to ½ inch thick and repeat process two additional times. Divide the dough in two,and roll out the dough into a 6-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the fruit (not the juices) into the center of the dough leaving a 1-2 inch border all around. Sprinkle with the coconut on top of the fruit. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the fruit. Press gently to seal the edges.
- Brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- In a small sauce pan,add the liquid from the fruits and the butter.Let it simmer for 3 minutes and remove from the heat. When the galettes are ready,drizzle with the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe