If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Meatballs + Buffalo wings all in one. A Buffalo Chicken Meatball. It's so delicious and easy to make at home when you're craving Buffalo wings... especially delicious with homemade Jalapeno Ranch! I use the liquid from pickled jalapenos to make the ranch extra delicious!
Double this recipe to make enough for a party. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 12 - 15 meatballs
for the meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (or a combo of dark and white meat)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 tbsp dehydrated onions
- 2 green onions (finely minced)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon green chili powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 - 1 cups Buffalo sauce (store bought - I use Bella's Medium Wing Sauce)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken breast, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion powder, green onions, egg, chili powder (if using), salt and pepper. Use about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Combine with your hands until just mixed. Form into golfball sized meatballs and place on the baking sheet. Pop into the 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. This will help give the meatballs shape before dropping them into the slow cooker.
- Drop the meatballs into a slow cooker turned on to low heat. Mix together the Buffalo sauce and butter, and pour over the meatballs. Let cook for 1.5 - 2 hours to get really tender. Although, they would be good after an hour!
for the jalapeno ranch:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon liquid from pickled jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapenos (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- When you put the meatballs in, mix together the Jalapeno Ranch. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Serve meatballs with some extra Buffalo sauce, Jalapeno Ranch, and celery sticks!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe