Vanilla Hazelnut Granola with Strawberries is an easy recipe and a healthy breakfast treat best enjoyed during strawberry season!
Vanilla Hazelnut Granola with Strawberries is an easy recipe and a healthy breakfast treat best enjoyed during strawberry season!—Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
cups rolled oats
cup rice cereal
cup chopped hazelnuts
cup almond flour
cup maple syrup
teaspoons vanilla extract
teaspoon hazelnut extract
cup melted coconut oil
cups plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy depending on dietary preferences)
cups chopped strawberries
Nutella for drizzling (optional)
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF. In a bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and vanilla and hazelnut extract. Pour over the mixture of your dry ingredients while stirring to evenly combine.
- Melt ¼ C of coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop, and then pour it over your granola while stirring to evenly coat.
- Evenly spread the granola mixture out onto a cookie sheet and place it in your preheated oven. Cook for 35-40 minutes, checking on it and giving it a stir every 10 minutes.
- While your granola is cooking, chop up your strawberries and set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Once golden brown, remove the granola from the oven and allow 15 minutes for it to cool before serving.
- To serve, place about ½ cup of plain yogurt, one sixth of your granola mixture, and about a ¾ cup of strawberries into each bowl. Drizzle with a touch of Nutella if you’re feeling a little bit naughty!
- Note: If you only want to enjoy 1 or 2 bowls at a time, simply put your cooled granola in a ziplock bag and store in a cool, dark place with your other cereals for later use. It will stay fresh and crunchy for about a week.