If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Start your day off right with a warm bowl of fiber-rich oatmeal. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/allergy-friendly-banana-bread-oatmeal —Healthline
- 1 medium banana, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Combine the finely chopped banana, rolled oats, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until thick and soft (about 10 minutes). Stir frequently to avoid sticking and burning.
- While the oats are cooking, toast the sunflower seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and golden. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Divide the oats into 4 servings, and top each bowl with toasted sunflower seeds and raw banana slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe