If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In this recipe you'll steam the ribs before grilling, making them fall-of-the-bone delicious! —Lisa Bryan
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon organic Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Worchestire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, stir together the ketchup, maple syrup and molasses. Keep at a low simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- While your pot is simmering, add the remaining ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add the blender ingredients to the simmering pot and stir for 3-4 minutes more. Then turn off the heat.
- To prepare the ribs, line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil (enough to wrap the ribs).
- Take ¾ cup of the sauce and mix with an equal amount of water. Pour this evenly around the ribs, then lightly wrap the foil around them.
- Place the ribs in a 275 degree oven for 3 hours. This process steams the meat, making it tender while infusing it with flavor.
- After the ribs have finished cooking, remove from the oven. Using tongs, place on a large platter to carry to your grill.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Use the remaining sauce to generously brush both sides of the ribs.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe