If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those discoveries that is just so flavorful and delicious—packed with the bright crunch of the pickled carrot and daikon, the creamy mildness of the avocado, and richness of the meat. I've eaten it three days in a row! —Erin Lisbeth
Makes 1 breakfast sandwich
For the Do Chua:
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 daikon, peeled and julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
For the chicken and assembly:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 English muffin, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cucumber, julienned
- 1 egg, fried
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Roast on a foil-lined baking sheet for for 30 to 40 minutes, until internal temperature reads 160° F. Set aside.
- Place the carrot and daikon in a small bowl and sprinkle with the salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Massage them them for 3 to 5 minutes; the water will get pulled out and they soften. Press and rinse under cold water. Place in a quart container and, in a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the vegetables in the container. Allow to chill for at least 24 hours.
- Toast the English muffin, and mix the Sriracha, sugar, and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture on muffin, then layer it into a sandwich with the avocado, cucumber, fried egg, cilantro, and do chua to taste. Save the rest of the do chua for another use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe