If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 2 dozen potato pancakes
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, defrosted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup vegetale oil
- 1 tablespoon flakey sea salt, for garnish
- Shred the defrosted Tater Tots in a bowl with your hands or a spoon. The Tots will break apart easily.
- Place the Tater Tots in the center of a towel, close the towel in your hand and squeeze to remove any extra liquid from the potatoes and the defrosting process. Place the Tots back in the bowl.
- Add the eggs and avocado to the shredded Tater Tots and stir until the mixture is thick and completely combined.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set it next to the stove.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat then scoop ¼ cup of the Tater Tot mixture into the oil. Cook for two minutes then flip the latke and cook for another two minutes, until brown and crunchy on both sides. Place the latke on the paper towels to soak up any excess oil then transfer to a cooling rack. Start with one latke to make sure the oil is at the right temperature then repeat the process until all latkes are cooked.
- Top with sea salt and eat up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe