If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a super quick, healthy and delicious breakfast idea for both weekday morning and lazy weekends. The quinoa just takes 10 minutes to cook, and you add the rest of the ingredients in at the end. I've obviously been trying to be super healthy these last few months before the wedding, and this one is a winner. The quinoa is full of protein -- 24g / cup compared to 6g/ cup in oatmeal. I'd say that's a good way to start the day! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, etc.)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkling of ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (optional)
- This one is super simple! Start by mixing the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients straight to the pot and mix thoroughly. Add some additional fresh berries to the top for serving. Enjoy!