If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A very simple ice cream (from the can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk) that showcases summer fruit. Creamy and rich with sweetened condensed milk, tart and bright with lemon juice, it's the perfect summer dessert. —Posie Harwood
Makes 2 quarts
- 2 cups puréed blackberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl. If you want the ice cream to be extra smooth, strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the blackberry seeds (I don't always do this, but it makes the texture nicer).
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. I suggest sticking the finished ice cream in the freezer for at least an hour before serving to harden it even more.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!