If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Transform simple meatballs into sticky, hoisin-glazed yummy goodness in this Asian-inspired salad —Ala Lemon
- 450 grams / 1 lb minced lamb
- 1 small carrot, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 100 grams / 3.5 oz glass noodles
- 8 baby gem, or other small lettuce leaves
- 250 grams / 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime pickle (or 2 tsp lime juice + 1 tsp Asian hot sauce, such as sriracha)
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lime pickle. Toss in the coleslaw mix until coated and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, carrot, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Taking approximately 1 tbsp at a time, shape into about 24 balls.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat and cook meatballs, stirring occasionally, until browned and no longer pink inside.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the glass noodles according to the package directions, then set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce with 2 tbsp water. Add the meatballs and toss to coat.
- Place 2 baby gem lettuce leaves on each plate. Top with noodles, coleslaw and meatballs.