If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For anyone who has fallen in love with the pungent, sour, and delicious flavor of kimchi, here's the next level of appreciation. Best made with kimchi that is very fermented, this is a hearty, delicious soup that will cure any spicy craving. Best part? It's a one-pot dish. Enjoy with a bowl of rice, I love eating it with a runny egg and some sesame oil mixed in with the rice. —CozyBogie
tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
pound pork belly, loin, or shoulder, sliced thinly
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups ripe kimchi
tablespoon sesame oil
bunch green onion, chopped finely
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add pork slices, and saute with the salt and black pepper until golden and cooked through.
- Add the kimchi and stir together until kimchi has cooked through, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add water, just enough to barely cover the kimchi and pork. Cover, and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add sesame oil and green onion and stir to combine.
- Enjoy with a bowl of hot, white rice.