If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super sweet strawberries with pickled French breakfast radishes. An ode to the beginning of summer! —Early Morning Farm
- 1 head lettuce (bibb, romaine, or green leaf)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 ounces cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pickled radishes (see below)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch French breakfast radishes (or any variety)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Pickle the radishes. Julienne radishes. Remove tops and bottoms after scrubbing clean. Cut into matchsticks. Heat vinegar, sugar, and salt over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over radishes, let sit 30 minutes before serving. Store in a clean jar in the refrigerator,
- While radishes are sitting, wash and dry lettuce, then tear into bite-size pieces. Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, then top with pickled radishes, strawberries, cheese, and almonds. Serve right away.