If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eton Mess is combination of fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and meringue cookies. I have used raspberry compote. This is a simple dessert which needs only assembling 3 ingredients made in advance. The cream can be whipped and stored to be used when serving. Meringues can be store bought or made at home. —Sri Devi
cup whipping cream
tablespoons caster sugar
- Simmer raspberries and 2 tbsp sugar in a heavy bottom pan until it thickens to make the compote. Set it aside to cool.
- Whip cream adding 3 tbsp caster sugar until stiff peaks form and store it in the refrigerator.
- Make meringue ahead or get them from a bakery.
- Break meringue into smaller pieces.
- Drop some broken pieces of meringue in a cold glass cup, top with raspberry compote and top with whipped cream.
- Repeat another layer of meringue, compote and cream.
- Serve it immediately in 2 dessert cups.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe