If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Relatively quick and easy. Complex, rich, savory, and sweet. It’s hard to keep track of how many times we have made this recipe. It’s our standard cream sauce pasta dish, giving the boot to the run-of-the-mill fettuccine alfredo. You won’t find anything out of the ordinary with this recipe. It’s just really really good. Oh, and we added rosemary to the sauce, because who are we kidding. It’s us. —Savory Love
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts (1-2)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced (1/4 inch)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 3/4 cup cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 ounces fettuccine noodles
- Carefully slice chicken breasts in half, and season the surface with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 12” skillet with oil and bring to medium-high heat. Pan sear chicken until it has a deep golden crust and is cooked through (160°F/71°C). Set aside.
- In the same skillet as you used to cook the chicken, add a little more oil. Cook the mushrooms until softened and golden brown. (This part requires some patience. Allow mushrooms to cook without stirring until you are ready to flip them.)
- When mushrooms are cooked, add shallots and cook briefly until translucent.
- Add marsala wine to deglaze and lower the heat to medium low. Add rosemary and reduce wine until it has mostly evaporated. While wine is reducing, cook fettuccine in boiling water until al dente, then strain.
- Add cream and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. Add cooked fettuccine and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately with chicken and garnish with parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes, and rosemary flowers (if in season).