If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by the Gateau au Yaourt recipe that every French child seems to learn. This cake is refined enough for a Spring dinner party and simple enough to make any time. The instructions are listed in cups with "jars" in parentheses. —Mercy Victoria
Makes 1 bundt cake
- 1/2 cup yogurt (1 jar)
- 1 cup sugar (2 jars)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (2 jars)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (1 jar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil (1 jar)
Honey Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- the juice of one lemon
- the zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix yogurt, eggs and sugar in a large bowl until sunny yellow and fully combined
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- To make glaze, combine all ingredients and mix until fully combined
- Add water drop by drop until glaze is thin enough to drizzle
- When cake is cooler but still warm to the touch, drizzle glaze over the top