If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cousin to the well-known gazpacho is thicker and makes for a fresh, light yet satisfying summer meal —Ala Lemon
grams / 3.5 oz. slightly stale bread (that’s about 2 slices)
pounds ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped (optional)
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
tablespoons tbsp extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzling
tablespoons vinegar, ideally Xeres
milliliters water (a little less than ½ cup)
To serve: 1 finely chopped hard-boiled egg, 50g/ 2-3 slices finely chopped Serrano ham
- Soak the bread in a shallow dish of water for 30 seconds on each side.
- In a blender, blitz together the soaked bread, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- Add the cider vinegar, water and a large pinch of salt, then mix again until smooth. If you find your soup too thick, add a little more water.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate the soup for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and top with the egg and ham.