If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the weather warming up my thoughts turn to cold foods and that includes ice creams and sorbets which I enjoy all summer long, My favorite summertime wine is Rose', I love making boozy ice creams and sorbets so I adapted a recipe from David Lebovitz and the result is really delicious. It's undeniably wine with a lovely hint of fresh fruit, Eat it alone or place a few scoops in sparkling water, prosecco or even a sparkling rose'. It's really refreshing, not too sweet and a great summertime treat. —sdebrango
Serves 6 to 8, depending on serving size
- 2 cups Rose'
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups raspberries and peaches(or nectarines) sliced and peeled this is raspberry and peaches combined use however much of each that you like or have on hand
- 2 small pieces of orange or tangerine peel
- Place wine and sugar in non reactive saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and add the fruit and orange peel. Let sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Blend until smooth, pour through sieve into bowl or container, cover and refrigerate until very cold at least 40 degree's. Follow manufacturers instructions for your ice cream maker, when done spoon into container and freeze over night or until it's scooping consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts