If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes we can take the simplest foods, combine them and come up with not only a tasty snack or meal but also one that is totally nutrient dense. This is totally a raw and vegan dish incorporating superfoods. The more greens in your way of eating the better!!! The more real foods – which are live foods – which aren’t man made or have their own commercial – are what you want to eat more of. I don’t care what the label says – organic, natural, gluten free etc – they are usually processed and unless the label says raw – it’s dead foods.
And to be clear – not that I am against dead foods – but most of us need more live foods and superfoods in our way of eating!! —jodiburke
Serves 1 - 2 meals
Salad - I used a mixture of organic Greens and Kale or you can use just Kale – I have tried it both ways and both are tasty!!
- 1 small box mixed organic Greens
- 1 bunch Kale (chopped or torn into pieces) and mixed in with Greens or on it’s own - See more at: http://www.jodiburke.com/recipes/kale-apple-pecan-salad-with-spirulina-hemp-dressing/#sthash.U2SJ4PBN.dpuf
- 1 – 2 pieces Apples - cut up in bite chunks
- 1/2 cup roasted or dehydrated Pecans
Spirulina Hemp Dressing - I always keep my salad dressings simple if I even use one – yet sometimes I like to shake things up. This one was one of those that even my daughter liked!! Yes it is Green!! lol
- 1/4 cup cold pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 juice of Lemon
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina (Purium’s organic, live & non-Gmo)
- 1 tablespoon raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Agave
- 1 clove Garlic
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- FOR SALAD: 2 ways of making roasted or dehydrated Pecans – I usually use my stove top as I wait to the last minute I will be honest. When I am organized and think ahead it’s not a problem :) I put in some Tamari or Braggs (approx 3 tbsp) into a pan on med – low heat and mix in Pecans, sometimes I add in Agave (approx 2 tbsp) for a little sweeter version. Stir well, and let sit, stirring often until the Tamrai or Braggs starts drying – take off heat and let cool. You can cook this faster by using higher heat but you will also destroy the enzymes. Once fully cool down, add to salad. That is all I put in the salad – but don’t be afraid to add in more if you like – some veggies or herbs or………you aren’t limited!!!
- SPIRULINA HEMP DRESSING: Throw all in a Vitamix, blender or hand blender until mixed well. Pour onto salad. Keep rest in fridge in a glass bottle or air tight container.