If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious twist on prosciutto and melon! —garlic and zest
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pancetta
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded, cut into 1/4"thick slices (cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter if desired)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces parmesan cheese
- Separate the pancetta slices so they are easily accessible (they tend to stick). Slice the cantaloupe into thin slices. If you want to be fancy, use a biscuit cutter to cut the cantaloupe into "pepperoni rounds". Slice the onion and mozzarella and arrange the ingredients on a platter so you can easily build the pizzas on the grill. It is important to have everything in its place before you begin to cook.
- Place the arugula into a salad bowl and set aside. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside. (Don't dress the greens until you're ready to serve -- otherwise they will wilt.)
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
- Dust your work surface with flour. Separate the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each one into a ball. Place one ball of dough on the work surface and use a rolling pin, lightly dusted with flour to roll the dough into a disc about 1/4"- 1/3" thick. Set the dough onto a baking sheet and continue rolling out the other balls of dough.
- Assemble these ingredients by the grill: pizza dough, olive oil (and pastry brush), pancetta, cantaloupe, mozzarella, onions, parmesan.
- Place a pizza dough on the grill. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and quickly brush the oil over the dough with a pastry brush. Lay one quarter of the pancetta over the dough in an even layer. Top with a quarter of the cantaloupe, mozzarella, onions and parmesan cheese. Close the lid on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes. Monitor the grill in case of any flare ups. Use a large spatula to transfer the pizza to a baking sheet or pizza peel. Continue with the remaining pizzas. (note: depending on your grill size you can cook 2-4 pizzas at a time, but the longer the lid is up, the more the grill will cool and it may take some time to get back to a high cooking temperature.
- Add the dressing to the arugula and toss.
- Serve pizzas individually with a nest of arugula on top, or cut into wedges and top each wedge with greens.