If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a super easy recipe that I like to make after work. I work at Yale, and after I finish lab at 5 PM, I'm tempted to order in, but then I look at the food in my fridge and spices in the cabinet, and I think: why not make my own food?...I generally hate following strict recipes, and I don't know about you, but I love adding ingredients to taste which makes my food unique and super flavorful....and super easy.
This recipe actually takes 35 minutes (prep and cooking time) and the result is fantastic (you won't order in again!) —Jenny J
- 4 pieces Organic chicken drum-sticks (Large )
- 2 handfuls Parsley
- 3 tablespoons Freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 dash Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sea salt
- 1/4 tablespoon Citrus salt (Optional)
- 1 piece Green pepper
- 4 pieces Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 handful Fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon Ground thyme and sesame seeds (Zaatar)
- Chop the kale and peppers finely, and place them along with the garlic on the side.
- Season the chicken( I do this to taste, so please feel free to adjust!): Pour the olive oil onto the chicken legs, rub them with the sea salt and pepper, sprinkle the parsley and the citrus salt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F!
- On the stove, soften up the kale, peppers and garlic. Add lemon to taste! Also, I use "Pam" for fat free cooking!
- Put the chicken with its seasonings into the oven.
- Add more of whatever you like. I personally try the leftover seasoning on the cutting board and I adjust based on how I like it.
- Cook the chicken drum sticks for around 30-40 minutes, checking them often until they have this nice browned color.