If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Maybe this should be called a Whiskey Left Hook. Because it's better than a punch—get it? Is a hook better than a punch? How does boxing even work? I don't have gloves, do you? These questions and more will be answered for you as soon as you make this delightfully picnic-able summertime beverage. —Kendra Vaculin
Makes 12 drinks
For the honey simple syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups honey (an entire 12-ounce plastic bear)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Bring honey and water to boil over medium heat. Reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened and has almost halved in volume.
- This means you’ll be left with about 12 ounces of simple syrup, which is way more than you’ll need for this drink: Store it in a jar in your fridge (it’ll keep for a few weeks) to spoon into your tea in the morning.
For the punch:
- 1/4 cup honey simple syrup
- 4 cups lemonade
- 3 cups whiskey
- 4 cups club soda
- Lemon slices and ice, for serving
- Stir all liquids together in a big bowl.
- This yields a little less than 3/4 gallon, so pour it into a gallon-sized plastic travel jug and take it for a picnic.
- Pour it into plastic, park-approved cups over ice. Garnish with a lemon slice, and feel no pain.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Cocktails