If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This caprese quesadilla stuffed with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil is the perfect way to spice up a Mexican favorite —Melissa | Bits of Umami
- 4 pieces tortillas
- 8 ounces Mozzarella
- 12 pieces basil
- 5 pieces roma tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 piece garlic clove
- Mix 3 chopped tomatoes, about 6 basil leaves, garlic, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once melted, place tortilla in skillet and top with 1 sliced tomato (remove seeds first), half mozzarella, and about 3 basil leaves. Top with other tortilla.
- At this point it is probably about time to flip. Press the quesadilla down with your spatula to get everything to stick together. Flip!
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side until golden brown and cheese is all melty.
- Remove and repeat for other quesadilla.
- Remove from pan and top with chopped balsamic tomatoes.