Author Notes: This caprese quesadilla stuffed with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil is the perfect way to spice up a Mexican favorite —Melissa | Bits of Umami
pieces roma tomatoes
teaspoons balsamic vinegar
piece garlic clove
In This Recipe
- Mix 3 chopped tomatoes, about 6 basil leaves, garlic, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once melted, place tortilla in skillet and top with 1 sliced tomato (remove seeds first), half mozzarella, and about 3 basil leaves. Top with other tortilla.
- At this point it is probably about time to flip. Press the quesadilla down with your spatula to get everything to stick together. Flip!
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side until golden brown and cheese is all melty.
- Remove and repeat for other quesadilla.
- Remove from pan and top with chopped balsamic tomatoes.