If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our only experience with Spanish food before we actually were living in Spain for a while was the España restaurant in Vancouver, Canada. In our first introduction to Spanish tapas, we remember falling in love at first sight with the croquettes. This Catalan restaurant was only a five minute walk from our apartment in downtown Vancouver, and before we knew it, we had already went back a few more times for those heavenly croquettes.
We were not exactly pizza lovers until we managed to make our own from scratch. It’s just rare to come across the perfect pizza. From customized pizzas, to Panago to gourmet pizzas at the best pizza places in town – there’s just always been something missing. We were surprised that it has taken us this long to make our own. It’s really fun to knead your own dough and watch it rise and play around with ingredients you may not get at your favorite pizza place. When thinking about it, we might just now dedicate an entire board to pizza on our Pinterest.
This thin crust pizza inspired by Spanish ingredients is simply the perfect pizza for the summer. —Fernando @ Eating With Your Hands
- 300 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams wheat flour for dusting
- 250 milliliters water
- 40 grams fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tomato sauce
- 250 grams mozzarella
- 100 grams Serrano ham
- 100 grams chorizo sausage, sliced
- Chopped chili
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add salt and mix. Heat the water in a bowl and mix with the yeast, sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Stir, cover with a cloth and let stand for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour the flour with the yeast solution and simultaneously stir with a wooden spoon. Add the olive oil and knead the dough to form a ball. Turn out the dough on a pastry board and knead them with his hands for about 10 minutes until it is smooth, elastic and soft
- Put dough into a bowl, cover it with a cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. The dough should triple in volume. In the meantime preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- When the dough has tripled in size, knead for another ten minutes before flatting it into a round shape. Spread tomato sauce on the dough and top with mozzarella cheese, chorizo and chili. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. When the pizza is out of the oven top it with arugula and Serrano ham.
More Great Recipes: Pizza