If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: crispy. oaty. buttery. egg-free because my grandson and daughter-in-law are allergic to eggs. you can make them vegan by using organic sugar and replacing the butter with coconut oil, chilled olive oil, or vegetable shortening and adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt. —weshook
Makes 80-100 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars. add the applesauce and vanilla and mix until well-combined (I'm not very good at beating until fluffy and light--I'm just not that patient).
- most recipes tell you to stir the dry ingredients together, but as mentioned above, I'm not that patient and I hate dirtying more bowls. so, add the dry ingredients and stir it all together. Stir in the raisins and almonds.
- drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. bake for 10-12 minutes. less if you want a chewy cookie. allow to cool on the pan a bit before removing to a rack or they will break apart.
- grab a glass of milk, cup of tea or mug of coffee and enjoy!