If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These easy barbecue baked beans come together quickly thanks to canned beans and ready made barbecue sauce. —garlic and zest
- 2 slices thick cut bacon or 4 slices thin sliced bacon, 1/2" dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) small white beans
- 1 cup Stubbs Sweet Heat Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- a few shakes of worstershire (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons molasses or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a dutch oven or heavy pot on medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain. Discard all but one tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- Heat the remaining bacon grease over medium high heat and add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until slightly softened and translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beans, barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, mustard, water, worstershire and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pot and transfer the pot to the oven. Bake for 1 hour, check for consistency - according to your tastes. If you prefer thinner, more saucy beans, an hour should be enough time. If you like them thicker, cook longer. You can adjust the sauciness by adding a few additional tablespoons of barbecue sauce and water after baking.