If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Need a healthy lunch option that doesn't skimp on the flavor? Spicy Spring Garden Pitas will give you a nutritional boost to power your afternoon! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 batch of Curried Sweet Pea Hummus
- 4 pitas
- rotisserie chicken (optional - omit for vegan recipe)
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 8 assorted radishes
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make 1 batch of Curried Sweet Pea Hummus. This recipe is available of Food52 and at SimpleSeasonal.com. If you don’t feel like making your own hummus you can always buy some at the store, but I doubt it will taste as good!
- Wash and dry your pea shoots and slice your radishes into thin slices.
- Cut your pitas in half and gently pull them apart to create a pocket. Spread the hummus along the inside of the pitas. Cut a few pieces of meat off a rotisserie chicken and add it to your pita pockets. Omit this step if you follow a vegetarian or a vegan diet. The pitas will still be awesome!
- Stuff each pita full of delicious pea shoots and radish slices. Drizzle with tahini and season with salt and pepper to taste.